George at Studio 2GLF 89.3 fm

George at Studio 2GLF 89.3 fm
Broadcasting Emission Kontak

Sunday 11 May 2014

I am back


GDL is back

It has been a while since I posted my last blog. I am sorry for those who usually follow me who have been asking questions over my sudden and prolonged silence.
Actually I had some health issues, some personal and emotional problems lately
which kept me away from what I like doing best i.e writing, commenting, analysing and sharing my thoughts with you. I am now in a better shape and glad to renew with my followers, listeners and readers.
Much waters have gone under the bridge since my last blog and much have happened on the political front in Australia, France, Mauritius and on the world stage.
In Australia the new liberal government and the Prime Minister Tony Abbott have had some teething problems both locally and internationally but do not know how well they seem to be in in control of the situation. They seem to be talking the same old language they did while in opposition. They suffered a setback at the WA senate election (remake) although it was not too bad. The  real task of the new government is to put the country back on track after the mess created by the Labor Party and its amateurs PMs, Julia and Kevin. The challenge ahead is not an easy one with a huge budget deficit and a rather unstable social and economic environment looming. The measures to be taken and implemented through this year's budget are already causing much stir dragging the new government down in the polls. But, if they are fair dinkum, and not driven by the polls, they have to take drastic measures to cut down spending and bring the budget to a healthier position. Broken promises or not, popular or unpopular policies should not distract the government from doing what is right for the country.
The people of Australia will get a real sense of the country's economic health through the budget to be presented by the new Treasurer, the fat man smoking the cigar, on Tuesday 13 May 2014.
We will have the opportunity for more analysis and expect your comments.
Meanwhile keep kool, work hard, look after your family and eat healthily and do not forget to do regular exercise.

See you soon.

GDL.

 
I am back...and well thanks God.

No comments:

Post a Comment